Maintenance Facility Shop Manager
Sorry, this job has expired.
401K / Retirement plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
BD Transportation, Inc is a family-owned company with 71 trucks, 300 trailers, and over 100 employees. Established in March of 2000, we began our operation with 5 tractors. Over our first 19 years we have built a very solid customer base and had steady growth. We are now embarking on the opening of our own maintenance facility at our existing location in Dayton, OH.
We are now hiring a Shop Manager. Our target for opening the facility is the beginning of third quarter 2019 so we want to onboard the successful candidate in the very near future.
• Competitive pay package.
• Weekly pay.
• Health, Dental and Life Insurance.
• Paid vacation days.
• Professional environment where we believe in the golden rule.
This is an opportunity for you to be heavily involved from the ground up on the shop design, shop equipment purchase, implementation, policies and procedures of our new facility. You will be leading other people and designing the policies.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a diesel/class 8 facility.
• 2 years supervisory/leadership experience.
• Computer experience will be required, with emphasis on email, Excel, and third-party maintenance software.
• The majority of our fleet is 3 year or newer Volvo equipment with I-Shift. Prior experience with diagnostic software and EPA/SCR systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of TMW and TMT Fleet Maintenance is a plus.
• Must be willing to work alongside people in the shop to bring along younger people entering the industry.
• Must be able to explain to drivers why or why not a specific repair is needed to the piece of equipment. The driver is our ultimate customer.
• Balance the needs of an efficient running shop with minimum downtime of the trucks and switching of units for the drivers.
• Coordinate with our dispatch office in Piqua, OH on the scheduling of trucks for PM and repair work.
• Design policies and procedures that abide by all OSHA and DOT/FMCSA requirements.
• Hire and directly supervise 3 additional technicians as a starting point.
• Maintain knowledge of DOT and FMCSA rules and ensure that repairs are made accordingly.
• Maintain a safe and clean shop area.
• Maintain a physical inventory of parts and fluids.
• Supervise initial shop design, shop equipment purchases, and installation.
• Supervise technicians and ensure the proper preventative maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs of trucks and trailers.
• Work to continually improve processes and be open to different ways of accomplishing tasks/goals as technology advances.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.